Dodge Dart Forum

+ Reply to Thread
    I just purchased my Dart yesterday at a dealership. I have to have an interlock device in any vehicle I own by law. I've been sober 4 years 3 months and 24 days and finally got my license back late last year.

This was my first ever purchase of a semi-new vehicle...and I really liked everything I saw and read about the dart.

I took it into the LifeSafer Interlock place and they installed the device and sent me on my way.

About 20 minutes later I went to start it up again and after blowing in the machine and getting the queue to engage the ignition... it sounded like the starter got stuck on and the engine would not start. It also turned on the engine light on the dash.

I immediately turned the key backwards and tried starting it again real quick and it turned over just fine and started. Yet the engine light was still on.

Over the course of the next few hours the guys at the interlock place tried to troubleshoot the problem but came up with very little to go on other then hooking up the diagnostics machine which brought up the codes that are included with the picture I've attached.

I couldn't get it back into the dealer until thus morning...but also yesterday the battery voltage went low enough that the vehicle wouldn't even turn over and had to be jumped to start it. Each time the voltage read "11.2" before jumping it.

So at the dealership today, with all that information, they couldn't figure it out other then the vehicle may need a stronger battery. So they put one on. Which cleared the engine light and it started with no problem. And started with no problem the rest of the day. Until about an hour ago i went to take my daughter home and it did the crazy starter thing again and the engine light on the instrument panel is back on again.

I can't take it back to the dealership because I leave for work in Oklahoma tomorrow. I sold my 2002 Dodge Ram to get the money for a down payment on this vehicle. At this point I'm feeling really screwed and pretty down about this. I love the little car already but this is down right depressing.

Does anyone know of this happening to them or anyone else that has a Dart with an ignition interlock device?

Any help would be highly highly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 Dart- anyone have experience with breathalyzer?-20180322_163511_1521868245057.jpg  
    Last edited by Matt G; 03-24-2018 at 05:11 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Dodge Dart Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.