Dodge Dart Forum

+ Reply to Thread

New 2015 sxt -- issues after 48 hrs

Hello!
    Purchased my new Dart on the 4/18 (only 25 dealer miles on it) and on 4/20 the following started to occur:

-Traction Control light goes on
    -Service ABS System light is on
    -Service Airbag System light is on
    -Check Engine Light is on

Additionally, the vehicle had stalled on me on one occasion.

Immediately took it to the dealer where it has been for approximately a week. Basic trouble shooting has not solved the issues. Service technicians are in contact with Chrysler engineers for daily follow up on what to do next. No ETA on when the repairs will be completed. The service tech advised it was one of the computer modules that likely went bad but of course Chrysler will not pay to repair it until they exhaust every other possible option for repair.
    Reached out to the sales manager but not surprisingly, no follow up from them. I contacted a lemon law attorney locally and she advised me that the 2013-2015 Darts are riddled with issues and she has successfully sued Chrysler for either a collateral swap or a buy-back. She requested that I send her all the relevant paperwork on the vehicle and once I return the vehicle for the same issue (she seems to be certain this will happen again) she will contact Chrysler for resolution.

Have any of you experienced these type of issues particularly on a 2015? I hoped that Dodge would have figured out all the kinks by now but I guess not.
    Last edited by dartoonz; 04-25-2015 at 02:50 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Dodge Dart Forum
    Advertisements

If its just a computer module, then nobody can prepare for those kinds of issues. All manufacturers get bad ones eventually here and there. Your car just happened to get one of those. Just be patient and let them go through the procedures.
    2015 Dodge Dart GT
    Bright White
    2.4 Liter
    6-speed Auto w/Autostick
    Black Leather Interior w/red accents
    8.4" Touchscreen
    LED Racetrack Tail Lamps
    Sunroof
    SIRIUS/XM Satellite Radio
    18" Wheels

4. Remove Advertisements
    Dodge Dart Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.