Dodge Dart Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Just buy a fan its 3 bolts holding it in place I just replaced mine the cover under dash with light needs pulled out the panel behind radio you will see a red wire and black wire running to fan disconnect remove 3 bolts on fan and pull out

2. Remove Advertisements
    Dodge Dart Forum
    Advertisements

Yes, super easy job, pull the panels off just like you are changing the cabin filter and the fan motor is exposed. Just have to lay on your back on the rocker panel to get at it, but not too bad. Dealers just go by the book when they repair stuff and that's what engineers tell them to do

Ok I got into the fan issue yesterday, pulled the blower speed control out, it's basically a glorified version of the old coil rheostats. Totally sealed, and unserviceable, so looks like the only thing to do is replace it. And btw cali, now my fuel door is acting up, thanks for the jinx lol
    http://plantsvszombiesaz.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    Dodge Dart Forum
    Advertisements

Unhappy Blower Motor Problems?? IDK!!!

Its been cold and I have been having problems with my 2015 Dodge Dart. Just last week my warm and cold air stopped blowing out of my vents. Had to stop at O'reileys auto parts and they hooked it up to see if there was an fuses out. Everything was just fine, later went to drive home and the heater turned back on. Then its been running fine for a week and last night I was driving and it stopped blowing. Then let it sit for 2 hours and then it started running again. I don't know what is wrong with it? Anyone know? Maybe its the blower motor?? Anyone having similar problems with their dodge dart?

My son is having this same problem right now with his heater coming on and off when it feels like it. He can't get it into the shop until next week and has made this a problem with him getting to his college classes and work and EMT classes.
    Last edited by Buffy; 03-15-2017 at 08:23 PM.

I know this is late, but this might be helpful to anyone having this problem in the future. I'm not a car guru so please excuse my poor verbiage.

My heater had the same issue of working when it wanted to for quite a while. Took it to the dealership a couple times and they fixed it as it was under warranty.The 3rd time back to the dealer and they wanted to rewire the entire heating system. I decided not to do that since they had worked on the heater twice before and their fixes only lasted a couple months each.

Long story short, I took it to a local shop that I trust and they looked at it. The mechanic said some cover that is made to secure the wiring in the car had fallen off and it was lodged in a place that wouldn't allowmy car to switch to heat (feel free to clarify what I'm saying if someone here has a better understanding). He secured the wires and the case into their usual positions and since then I've had no problems at all. It's been over 6 months now. It cost me under $100 for the inspection and the repair, and the dealership wanted around $400.

Anyways, your symptoms sound a lot like what I had going on and I thought this might help. Good luck!

A few months ago I bought a 2013 Dodge Dart with what appears to be the same problems, the heat/ac works occasionally, sometimes kicks on after a few minutes of driving with the AC fan on high. It appears to be completely random, nothing seems to make it stop or start working. I've had it to 3 different mechanics, but of course every time it was there the ac/heat was working, so I was told they can't fix what they don't see. Finally I was given engine light codes, since the engine light also never stayed on.
    P1E0E - "Blower Fan Speed Signal Short to Battery"
    P1E0F - "Blower Fan Speed Signal Short to Ground"

Does this sound like the cause of this problem is the same as everyone else's?
    Any help would be appreciated. It is literally 100 degrees here today and not having AC is unbearable.
    I would love to finally bring it somewhere and just tell them what part to fix, replace, repair etc.
    Thanks,
    Karen

Hi, my son is also having this same problem. The heat/ac works occasionally. Was your son able to find out what was wrong, what part needed to be replaced or repaired?
    Appreciate any advisement to help get this fixed.
    Thank you

daiquari I had the same problem as well! I finally figured out that it was the blower motor! This has been going on this whole year! The cord that goes to the blower motor was shorting out that's why it would randomly stop or start working! I am having a friend fix it and his cost for the part is $60 a dodge dealership was going to charge me $285 for the part and to fix it! So if you can have a mechanic friend purchase the part and replace it I would advise that! Or you can order the part through a dealership and have a mechanice friend replace it. But it was in fact the blower motor! I called around to multiple dealerships to have help with this and none has even heard of that problem with dodge dart owners. I also was told unless it's not working they can't diagnose the problem. So of course when it was working they were open but when it wasn't open they didn't have mechanics there or it was closed. I guarantee that is the problem with your son's car as well!

12. Remove Advertisements
    Dodge Dart Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.