Dodge Dart Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Angry Isssue with the touch screen

Has anyone had an isssue where the touch screen goes blank and then shuts off for a second and then restarts for itself for no reason at all, my dealer has already changed mine twice, and the three (the original and two new ones) have had the same problem. I think they have no idea how to fix It and it could be an issue with something else. Let me know if you've heard of something like th is, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Dodge Dart Forum
    Advertisements

yes. have a record of when this happens. Dealer wont even change the unit. Seems to run just fine. But restarts at random times. Also have an issue that I discovered with the oil separator o-ring that leaks oil onto the valve cover and fills the spark plug hole with oil. They did change the unit once and now its doing it again. Can smell oil into the vents at random times also. At first it smelled like melting plastic and then started smelling like burning oil. First time got 30,000 miles on it. Now the smell is back at 6,000 miles. This is on the 1.4 turbo motor. Will keep and ear open if I hear anything.
    03 Neon srt-4-stage 3/toys/tial wheel
    05 Neon srt-4-stage 3/toys/tial wheel ++++
    08 Caliber srt-4-stage 1
    13 Rallye-1.4 turbo/manual 6 speed

Quote Originally Posted by CeliaV View Post
    Has anyone had an isssue where the touch screen goes blank and then shuts off for a second and then restarts for itself for no reason at all, my dealer has already changed mine twice, and the three (the original and two new ones) have had the same problem. I think they have no idea how to fix It and it could be an issue with something else. Let me know if you've heard of something like th is, thanks.
    I would try a different dealership to have them look at your car. Obviously its not the radio causing the issue if it keeps doing it even with replacements. Sometimes a fresh set of eyes will do wonders.
    2015 Dodge Dart GT
    Bright White
    2.4 Liter
    6-speed Auto w/Autostick
    Black Leather Interior w/red accents
    8.4" Touchscreen
    LED Racetrack Tail Lamps
    Sunroof
    SIRIUS/XM Satellite Radio
    18" Wheels

5. Remove Advertisements
    Dodge Dart Forum
    Advertisements

My Dart is going in for Service for this exact thing on Wednesday. I"m concerned they won't change anything out, they will just tell me the fix it. How can I be a 100% they do?? My 36k mile warranty is getting ready to run out, if they fix the issue and it happens again after my warranty is gone, will they still cover it?
    Last edited by nycalisrt; 07-21-2014 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rachmcsassypants View Post
    My Dart is going in for Service for this exact thing on Wednesday. I"m concerned they won't change anything out, they will just tell me the fix it. How can I be a 100% they do?? My 36k mile warranty is getting ready to run out, if they fix the issue and it happens again after my warranty is gone, will they still cover it?
    This would be something to ask the service manager. Maybe even get this in writing.
    2015 Dodge Dart GT
    Bright White
    2.4 Liter
    6-speed Auto w/Autostick
    Black Leather Interior w/red accents
    8.4" Touchscreen
    LED Racetrack Tail Lamps
    Sunroof
    SIRIUS/XM Satellite Radio
    18" Wheels

8. Remove Advertisements
    Dodge Dart Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.