Dodge Dart Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ACRucrazy View Post
    If they want it to be a hit like the Neon SRT-4 they better get their pricing right. It was a hit because of price. Period.
    30k is stupid if there are not other options. Do not alienate your base Dodge. Cheap. Fast. Offer a stripper, all the way up to loaded if you want the 30k price point. But please... offer that stripper SRT4..

Remember the 29k Caliber SRT4? Of course you don't, they didn't sell worth a damn. 20k+ NSRT sold to 5k CSRT. As much as I loved my NSRT4 and CSRT4, the price of the CSRT4 was laughable at best.
    Its not 2003 anymore. your not gonna a sub 6 second 0-60 for 20k. Even anything under 25k is pushing it. The NSRT wasnt even an instant hit the way fanboys would lead you to believe. It took a few years, and then once the aftermarket grew it started to catch on.

As far as the CSRT, no one paid 29k. Thats crazy. And its lack of sales certainly wasnt due to price alone. Its hard to sell more then 5k cars when there's only about that many made. And then when you dont support it or promote, make commercials, etc......The car was dead before it even had a chance to get going.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Dodge Dart Forum
    Advertisements

Now that I look into it more. Somewhere around $25k would be ideal. $5k increase from the current top trim Dart ($19k) So after taxes your looking at close to $30k

Civic Si starts at $22

Quote Originally Posted by DartSRT4 View Post
    Its not 2003 anymore. your not gonna a sub 6 second 0-60 for 20k. Even anything under 25k is pushing it. The NSRT wasnt even an instant hit the way fanboys would lead you to believe. It took a few years, and then once the aftermarket grew it started to catch on.

As far as the CSRT, no one paid 29k. Thats crazy. And its lack of sales certainly wasnt due to price alone. Its hard to sell more then 5k cars when there's only about that many made. And then when you dont support it or promote, make commercials, etc......The car was dead before it even had a chance to get going.
    This is so true about the CSRT. Unless you were a true SRT or Caliber fan you most likely didn't even know the Caliber SRT-4 existed. They never advertised it, pushed it, etc. Its almost like Chrysler really didn't want the SRT team to make this car. Nothing was done for it and the MOPAR Stage 1 Kit BARELY made it to production. It was almost scrapped at the last minute but was elected to start production. The Caliber wasn't really all that expensive for what you got.

The Caliber I had, nobody knew what it was. Some thought it was a regular Caliber with a bodykit on it. They had no idea it even existed.

Even the Ford Focus ST starts at $24,495....and it won't have even half the items the Dart SRT will. If you base the recent history of SRT vehicles it could have the following:

-Rear Spoiler
    -adjustable suspension (via the touchscreen)
    -8.4" SRT inspired touchscreen
    -Performance Pages in the 8.4" Touchscreen
    -Heavy Duty Brakes
    -big bolstered seating (heated leather)
    -side skirts
    -rear air diffuser (more aggressive than the standard one)
    -different front-end

I don't see hardly any of those options listed on the Focus ST. And I you can pretty much bet your butt it will have a lot more than 252 HP as well.

All of this being said I'm still thinking around $27,000-$30,000 MSRP.
    2015 Dodge Dart GT
    Bright White
    2.4 Liter
    6-speed Auto w/Autostick
    Black Leather Interior w/red accents
    8.4" Touchscreen
    LED Racetrack Tail Lamps
    Sunroof
    SIRIUS/XM Satellite Radio
    18" Wheels

5. Remove Advertisements
    Dodge Dart Forum
    Advertisements

i would hope its around $25k but SRT will never top the NSRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by nycalisrt View Post
    Even the Ford Focus ST starts at $24,495....and it won't have even half the items the Dart SRT will. If you base the recent history of SRT vehicles it could have the following:

-Rear Spoiler
    -adjustable suspension (via the touchscreen)
    -8.4" SRT inspired touchscreen
    -Performance Pages in the 8.4" Touchscreen
    -Heavy Duty Brakes
    -big bolstered seating (heated leather)
    -side skirts
    -rear air diffuser (more aggressive than the standard one)
    -different front-end

I don't see hardly any of those options listed on the Focus ST. And I you can pretty much bet your butt it will have a lot more than 252 HP as well.

All of this being said I'm still thinking around $27,000-$30,000 MSRP.
    Not sure how you came up with this list, or why you don't think the Focus ST doesn't have some of these items. Just because it's not listed on the Ford site when you order, that doesn't mean the $24,995 ST doesn't have nice bolstered seats, a spoiler, bigger brakes and side skirts. I assure you it does.

One thing the ST does not have... a true LSD. If the dart has this and the ST doesn't, score one for the SRT!

Another point of contention, the power. Sure the ST "only" has 252 hp, but it also has 1/2 liter less motor. And the ST weighs significantly less than the SRT Dart will. If it doesn't end up that way, I WILL eat my words.

So, the horse power deficite will not mean all that much from a raw speed perspective. I'd take less power for less weight in a heart beat.

More power = faster in a straight line.

Less weight = faster EVERYWHERE

And don't worry about me being a Focus ST fan... casue I'm not. I just really want the SRT Dart to succeed. Including having the right price point.
    2005 Stone White SRT-4

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT Junky View Post
    Not sure how you came up with this list, or why you don't think the Focus ST doesn't have some of these items. Just because it's not listed on the Ford site when you order, that doesn't mean the $24,995 ST doesn't have nice bolstered seats, a spoiler, bigger brakes and side skirts. I assure you it does.

One thing the ST does not have... a true LSD. If the dart has this and the ST doesn't, score one for the SRT!

Another point of contention, the power. Sure the ST "only" has 252 hp, but it also has 1/2 liter less motor. And the ST weighs significantly less than the SRT Dart will. If it doesn't end up that way, I WILL eat my words.

So, the horse power deficite will not mean all that much from a raw speed perspective. I'd take less power for less weight in a heart beat.

More power = faster in a straight line.

Less weight = faster EVERYWHERE

And don't worry about me being a Focus ST fan... casue I'm not. I just really want the SRT Dart to succeed. Including having the right price point.
    I really hope the Dart SRT does have LSD, if it doesn't it will be a huge fail in my opinion. Dodge has an amazing opportunity to make one of the best performing compact and affordable sedan's around, LSD would just contribute to the performance (as we all know), without it, It wont be as good.

^^ Agreed! I hear too many folks compaining about the brake assisted "E-Diffs". I'll take a true LSD like the one in my NSRT4, thankyouverymuch.

Who in their right mind wants to boil the inside brake pads/rotor on corner exit?

Hint: you won't find that person...
    2005 Stone White SRT-4

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT Junky View Post
    ^^ Agreed! I hear too many folks compaining about the brake assisted "E-Diffs". I'll take a true LSD like the one in my NSRT4, thankyouverymuch.

Who in their right mind wants to boil the inside brake pads/rotor on corner exit?

Hint: you won't find that person...
    Exactly!

It's basically going to be like the FR-S/BRZ that made a huge hit, but instead 4-door and boosted. I bet if the FR-S/BRZ didn't have LSD it wont be as appealing to the true enthusiast that looks for these things in a performance based vehicle.

ALSO. It would be good if Mopar could offer a better LSD than what the SRT Dart might come with!

Quote Originally Posted by nycalisrt View Post
    What Caliber SRT-4 was $29,000? They could be had for $23,000 with no options. I had a 2009 CSRT-4 basically maxed out except the sunroof and it was $28,000.
    My 2009 CSRT was $29,300 or so (leather, sunroof, polished wheels, sport tires etc). Even without the $1400 Nav option or $200 blue/red paint option, which would have pushed it over 31k. Fully optioned they were over 32k with a base price in 2009 of 25k.

Quote Originally Posted by DartSRT4 View Post

You are right, it's not 2003. The housing market has crashed and people are shopping smart.

What I like about SRT is with the new 2013 Viper they are offering a well equipped base of 99k up to well over 130k if you want a fully loaded car. I hope SRT does the similar here with the Dart.
    Cheap fun was a winning combination for the original neon ACR (a stripper with track goodies) The Dart is the cheap car of Dodge's lineup. Base price of 16k. IMO make a stripper option with the DSRT. Offer the stripper all the way up to fully loaded.

Making fully loaded SRT Dart at 30k+ as the base price will hurt sales. For sure.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ACRucrazy View Post
    My 2009 CSRT was $29,300 or so (leather, sunroof, polished wheels, sport tires etc). Even without the $1400 Nav option or $200 blue/red paint option, which would have pushed it over 31k. Fully optioned they were over 32k with a base price in 2009 of 25k.

You are right, it's not 2003. The housing market has crashed and people are shopping smart.

What I like about SRT is with the new 2013 Viper they are offering a well equipped base of 99k up to well over 130k if you want a fully loaded car. I hope SRT does the similar here with the Dart.
    Cheap fun was a winning combination for the original neon ACR (a stripper with track goodies) The Dart is the cheap car of Dodge's lineup. Base price of 16k. IMO make a stripper option with the DSRT. Offer the stripper all the way up to fully loaded.

Making fully loaded SRT Dart at 30k+ as the base price will hurt sales. For sure.
    Exactly, $30k + will kill it. Being priced at $30k+ it's just not worth it comparing it to everything else thats available for $30k+

If your willing to pay that much, might as well pay $5000 more and get a Subaru WRX STI!

13. Remove Advertisements
    Dodge Dart Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.