NEWS

Dodge Dart Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by nycalisrt View Post
    Manufacturers always put cheap tires on.
    well they use low rolling resistance tires to help maximize fuel econ.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Dodge Dart Forum
    Advertisements

Well how else do you think they get those MPG numbers.. you really think sticky tires will give you a good MPG number no way!

Also this is a 16k Econ car.. not some sports car...

Every new car I have bought had tires that were complete crap on them. When I get my dart I am placing the tires on Craigslist immediately and putting on some sticky icky shoes.

I typically run the tires out that come with the car and then replace them with better tires. If I do immediately replace the tires I keep the ones that came on it as a spare set in case I can't afford new ones when the ones I bought wear down.

But yes, every car I've ever purchased has had crappy tires on them. Doesn't matter if it was an economy car or a performance car. The Caliber SRT-4 came with Goodyear RS-A. They were okay, but were terrible for torque-steer. Once I put a good set on them the torque-steer immediately went away and the car drove so much better.

My current Caliber has a some shitty Firestone tires on them. I only have about 12,000 miles on them and they're at least 50% worn. I should get through the rest of this year and may replace them this winter.
    Last edited by nycalisrt; 04-22-2012 at 03:56 PM.
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
    Blue Streak Pearlcoat
    1.4 Liter Turbo
    6-speed manual
    Black Interior w/White accents
    8.4" Touchscreen w/navigation
    LED Racetrack Tail Lamps
    u-connect Voice Command
    SIRIUS/XM Satellite Radio
    17" Hyper Black Wheels

I know for a fact 18" wheels will fit. I have 20" wheels on mine. Got the dealer to switch out the lame hubs for 20" Helo 884s. They look pretty sweet if you ask me. Will have pics soon. Just registered for the site.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero
    Tungsten
    1.4 Liter Turbo
    6-Speed Manual
    Active Grill Shutters
    Black Cloth Interior
    U-Connect Voice Command
    20" Helo 844 Wheels wrapped in Fullway 225/35ZR20s
    Race Track LED Tail Lamps
    Traction Control Switch

2013 Dodge Dart Forums - 18" Wheels?-dsc07096.jpg2013 Dodge Dart Forums - 18" Wheels?-dsc07098.jpg2013 Dodge Dart Forums - 18" Wheels?-dsc07099.jpg2013 Dodge Dart Forums - 18" Wheels?-dsc07100.jpg

Both of these were in the MOPAR booth at SEMA last Nov, sportin 19s on each. Fitment was right on

2013 will not have a Dart SRT...most are waiting for the GTS run. 2014 will have some nice options and changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dart-Guy View Post
    18" wheels should fit fine but the problem would be the bolt pattern. Judging from the teaser pic of the new dart it will be using the same oem rims as the dodge chargers which has a 5x115 bolt pattern. Unfortunately Enkei doesn't make a 5x115 wheel so it would be safe to assume your wheels wont fit the new dart. The good news is a lot of other companies make some pretty nice rims for the charger which should fit the dart without any issues. It just means you get to pick a new set of rims for your new dart instead of reusing your old rims.

P.S. Worst case scenario you can get adapters that would allow the new dart to run 5x114.3 rims. Only problem is it might push out the rims too much depending on the offset of your rims which might cause rubbing issues.
    I can't believe no one corrected you. The Dart has a 5x110 bolt pattern, not 5x114.3 or 5x115. Just wanted to make sure everyone is on the same page...

10. Remove Advertisements
    Dodge Dart Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Already a Member? Please Log-in.

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.