NEWS

Dodge Dart Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Battery issue

Recently Vermont has been getting snow (finally) and its been getting colder. My father has informed me now that it's been getting colder, at times the car wouldn't start. Or it gave him a battery warning. So he opened the hood and saw that the cap for the positive was open. So he closes it and problem solved. But it keeps recurring. Has anyone had or is having this issue? Should he get it checked out or is it a Mother Nature thing we can't solve?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    My ride -2009 Dodge Charger SXT
    With alot of Mods!!
    Fathers ride-2013 Dodge Dart SXT
    Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    Dodge Dart Forum
    Advertisements

I would like to add that it causes the remote start to not work too. But after u press the cap down on the positive it works fine. We made a appointment for it to get looked at so ill let y'all know the out come.

With alot of Mods!!
    Stock

Maybe the positive cable is loose? and that cap is what is keeping it on the terminal until it pops the cap open.

Have you tried to tighten it down?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger-Shark View Post
    Maybe the positive cable is loose? and that cap is what is keeping it on the terminal until it pops the cap open.

Ditto.

If your dealer says, "I'm sorry sir, but we have not been able to duplicate the problem", what I would do is to take a small hammer, and lightly tap the top of the connection. Back in the "old days", when this would happen to me, I would remove a shoe and tap the connection with my heel as I did not carry a hammer in the car. (shoes today don't have hard heels anymore).
    Bob CTRC
    USN Ret.

Mount Dora, FL (It Could Be Worse)
    Penfield, NY (A Nice Suburb)
    Roswell, NM (Alien Central)

I've had the positive connector on my Caliber SRT come barely loose from the post and it made the car act sorta funny. It would seem like it was going in and out. Especially with the radio losing time and stuff like that. Popped the hood, and sure enough, the positive was just loose enough to where it would slide up and down the post. Tightened it up and problem solved.
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
    Blue Streak Pearlcoat
    1.4 Liter Turbo
    6-speed manual
    Black Interior w/White accents
    8.4" Touchscreen w/navigation
    LED Racetrack Tail Lamps
    u-connect Voice Command
    SIRIUS/XM Satellite Radio
    17" Hyper Black Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by ctrcbob View Post
    Ditto.

If your dealer says, "I'm sorry sir, but we have not been able to duplicate the problem", what I would do is to take a small hammer, and lightly tap the top of the connection. Back in the "old days", when this would happen to me, I would remove a shoe and tap the connection with my heel as I did not carry a hammer in the car. (shoes today don't have hard heels anymore).
    ill have to tell him to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by nycalisrt View Post
    I've had the positive connector on my Caliber SRT come barely loose from the post and it made the car act sorta funny. It would seem like it was going in and out. Especially with the radio losing time and stuff like that. Popped the hood, and sure enough, the positive was just loose enough to where it would slide up and down the post. Tightened it up and problem solved.
    i will be sure to tell my father thanks!

i have not i will be sure to relay the message to my father.
    With alot of Mods!!
    Stock

another thing to do is to lightly sand the terminal exposing the fresh metal to make sure you have the best possible connection.

So he went to the dealer and they told him in order to fix the issue they have to wait to the first of January. Cause it's still too new for parts?

With alot of Mods!!
    Stock

I have heard parts are hard to come by. Priority is to the assembly plant not to dealers for replacement parts.
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
    Blue Streak Pearlcoat
    1.4 Liter Turbo
    6-speed manual
    Black Interior w/White accents
    8.4" Touchscreen w/navigation
    LED Racetrack Tail Lamps
    u-connect Voice Command
    SIRIUS/XM Satellite Radio
    17" Hyper Black Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by nycalisrt View Post
    I have heard parts are hard to come by. Priority is to the assembly plant not to dealers for replacement parts.
    They really need to ramp up production if thats the case. Customers should also be priority, if there not fixing these cars asap, it will discourage a number of people from buying it.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Dodge Dart Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Already a Member? Please Log-in.

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.